Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
list 2 advantages/disadvantages of removable appliances
- 1. removable for social situations
- 2. made in lab rather than by dentist (less chair time)
- 1. response to tx heavily depends on patient compliance
- 2. difficult to obtain two-point contacts necessary to produce complex tooth movements
what 2 types of movement can be produced with a removable appliance?
arch expansion and repositioning of individual teeth
define functional appliance
one that changes the posture of the mandible, holding it open or forward/open. pressures created by stretch of the muscles and soft tissues move tooth and modify growth.
list 4 major advantages of fixed appliances compared to removable
- 1. bodily translation (removable: tipping only)
- 2. control of root movement
- 3. results less dependent on patient compliance
- 4. less hygienic (well not really and advantage but it's on the study guide...)
define 1st/2nd/3rd order bends
- 1st order: horizontal plane
- 2nd order: MD angulation
- 3rd order: Labiolingual angulation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview