Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the orgin and insertion point for the rectus abdominis? What direction does the fibers run?
- O- Pubkic crest and symphysis
- I- Xiphoid process, costal carilages of 5-7 ribs
Fibers run vertically
What is the origin and insertion of external obliques? what direction does the fibers run?
- O- External surfaces of ribs 5-12, inferior boarder
- I-Abdominal aproneurosis to linea alba, pubic crest, pubic tubercle, and anterior iliac crest
fibers run downward
What is the orgion and insertion of Internal oblique? what directions to the fiber run?
- O-Thoracolumbar fascia,inguinal ligament, iliac crest
- I-10-12 ribs anterior borders, linea alba, and crest of pubis via conjoint tendon.
What are the orgin and insertion of transverse abdominis? What direction do the fibers run?
- O- inguinal ligament, iliac crest, thoracolumbar fascia, internal surfaces of costal cartilages 7-12 ribs.
- I- linea alba, pubic crest
fibers run horizontally
What muscle is responsible for compressing the abdomen and muscle of respriration?
Bilaterally this muscle is responsible for flexion of vertebral column compression of abdomen.
Unilaterally this muscle is responsible for lateral flexion of vertebral colum, roaton to same side, muscle of respiration
Bilaterally this muscle flexes the vertebral column, compression of abdominal contents.
Unilaterally this muscle lateral flexion of vertebral column, assists spinal rotation to opposite side, muscle of respiration
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview