The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
other names trade/gerneric
- Benzothiazepine calcium channel blocker that inhibits the influx of extracellular calcium across both the myocardial and vascular smooth muscle cell membranes. The end result decreases the contractility of the myocardial smooth muscle, dilation of the coronary and systemic arteries
- Atrial flutter
- Atrial fibrillation
- PSVT refractory to adenosine
- Pts with cardiogenic shock or with a systolic BP less than 90mmHg. Pt with known accessory pathway conditions (WPW)
- Precautions: Pts with ventricular dysfunction, severe bradycardia or with previous conduction abnormalities. Should not be used in obstetric pts.
- Adverse reactions:
- Systemic hypotension, nausea, vomiting, bradycardia, heart blocks, asystole
- .25 mg/kg IV over 2-3 min, not to exceed 20 mg. if necessary a second dose of .35 mg/kg IV given over 2-3 min, not to exceed 25 mg. note: there is to be 15 min between 1st and 2nd dose
- How supplies: 25 mg in 5ml pre filled syringe
Indications: Hypovolemic shock. Any condition causing body fluid loss.
- Contras: CHF, Pulmonary Edema,
- Precautions: use with caution in pts with renal disease. Monitor pts for signs and symptoms of circulatory overload
- Adverse reactions: phlebitis, venous thrombosis, fluid overload
- Dosage: IVtitrate to effect, ped pts start at 20 ml/kg
- How supplied: 1000 ml bags