Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the four characteristics of services and what are the implications for the marketer?
- Services are Intangible, Inseparable, Heterogenous, & Perishable.
- Intangible: difficult for marketers to communicate benefits
- Inseparable: dependent on employees due to consumers' sumultaneous involvement with production
- Heterogeneity: importance of consistency and reliability
- Perishability: challenge is to synchronize supply and demand
What are the differences between Search, Experience & Credence Qualities?
- Search Quality: a characteristic that can easily be assessed before purchase (color)
- Experience Quality: characteristic that can only be assessed after use (dining out)
- Credence Quality: difficult to assess even after use due to lack of knowledge (medical services)
What are the 5 components by which customers evaluate Service Quality?
- Reliability: **most important to customers** ability to perform the service dependably, accurately & consistently
- Responsiveness: ability to provide prompt service
- Assurance: the knowledge & courtesy of employees and their ability to convey trust
- Empathy: caring, individualized attention to customers
- Tangibles: the physical evidence of the service
What is the Gap Model and what are the 5 Gaps included?
- The Gap Model details the 5 gaps that can cause problems in service delivery and influence customer evaluations of service quality:
- What customers want and what mgmnt thinks customers want
- What mgmnt thinks customers want and the quality specifications that mgmnt develops to provide the service
- The quality specifications and the service that is actually provided
- What the company provides and what the customer is told it provides
- The service that customers receive and the service that they want
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview