Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Define: cholelithiasis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, choledocholithiasis
- Cholelithiasis - presence of 1+ gallstones
- Cholecystitis - inflammation of gall bladder
- Choledocholithiasis - stones in common bile duct
- Cholangitis - inflammation of bile duct
Outline the pathogenesis of cholecystitis.
- Stone is lodged in Hartman's pouch
- Increased gallbladder secretion
- Progressive distension of gallbladder
- Compromises vascular supply
- Secondary infection
- Parietal parioneal inflammation causing Sx
Name 2 tests to be monitored regularly in cholecystitis.
Name 4 complications of cholecystitis.
- Gangrene & perforation
- Fistula into duodenum/jejunum
- Gallstone ileus (mechanical bowel obstruction)
- Chronic cholecystitis/cholangitis
Name 5 risk factors for cholecystitis.
- Crohn's, ileal resection (reduced bile salts)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview