The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a wise saying that has been much used
- Syn:saw, maxim, aphorism, epigram
- a mass of things gathered or clustered togerther.
the science of man.. the study of the human race with the cultures
- glowing with passion; full of zeal
- Syn: passionate, impassioned, fervent, eager keen burning fiery, hot
the light stick or wand used by the leader of an orchestra, chorus, or band to indicate the beat.
a person who amuses people with tricks, pranks and jokes; clown
a surname; family name; last name; any name
having the power4 to cure; remidial
a raised platform at one end of a hall or large room; throne; seats of honor; or a desk
- regularly found among a particular people or in a particular locality
- Syn: native
any one of the small, polished, flat surfaces of a cut gem. a small, smooth, or flat surface.
closed tightly so that air cannot get in or out; airtight; tightly sealed; confined
a striking. collision; strike
an indirect suggestion meant to discredit someone; implication; revolt; rebellion
an act of instance of open revolt against civil authority or a constituted government; rebellion
an idol of the Hindu god Krishna, pulled around on a huge car. a large, heavy vehicle, especially a heavy truck.
a pleasure trip, especially one taken by an official at the expense of the government; trip or tour. a feast or picnic
the abode of all the demons; hell or hell's capital.
a film or incustation, usually green, on the surface of old bronze or copper, formed by oxidation.l
a rased platform, dais.
a notification or warning of what is to come; forewarning
very great; huge; cast; wonderful; marvelous; amazing.. astonishing
extreme mosesty or propriety, especially wnen not genuine. a prudish act or remark
- a name used by an author instead of this real name
- Syn: pen name; nom de plume
- a search or hunt
- Syn: pursuit; expedition
- a person who lives shut up or withdrawn from the world
- Syn: hermit
- yellowish-brown or reddish-brown
- Syn: rustic;homely;simple;
- indecent; nasty; obscene.
- Syn: ponographic, salacious; grimy
- making or having a harsh sound; creaking; grating; shrill.
- Syn: piercing
- a scheme or trick for deceiving an enemy, a plan for a deception.
- Syn: trickery; piercing; rasping; shrill
- a person who never takes alcoholic liquor
- Syn: abstainer
Tour de force
a notable feat of strength, skill, or ingenuity
- causing disturbance or commotion; disorderly; unruly; violent.
- Syn: boisterous, uproarious, tumultuous, stormy, tempestuous, turbulent weather
an idle wanderer; tramp.
- any spun thread, prepared for weaving or knitting.
- Syn: a story; tale