Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Microbes that engage in mutual or commensal association
A condition in which pathogenic microbes penetrate host defenses, enter tissues, and multiply
An infection that causes damage or disruption to tissues and organs
Microbes that occupy the body for only short periods
Microbes that become established. There on us all the time
Bacterial flora benefit host by preventing overgrowth of harmful microbes. Prevents from getting sick. This is good
- Occur when normal flora is introduced to a site that was previously sterile.
- -normal flora out of wack
- -normal flora in the wrong place
Flora of Human Skin
- Skin is the largest and most accessible organ, two cutaneous populations.
- -Transients:influenced by hygiene
- -Resident: stable, predictable, less influenced by hygiene.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview