The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- deviating from what is normal
- Sentence: When a person's behavior becomes aberrant, his peers may become concerned that the individual is becoming a deviant.
- concluding part of a literary or musical composition; something that summarizes or concludes
- Sentence: The coda of the Danish composer Per Norgard's Sixth Symphony seems to return to the serene sounds of the opening.
- division into two usually contradictory parts
- Sentence: The philosopher is a dualist* who argues that there is a dichotomy between the mind and physical phenomena.
- *dualist: one who believes in dualism, which is the theory that two basic entities constitute reality(mind/matter or good/evil)
- temporary suppression or suspension
- Sentence: A good judge must hold his or her judgement in abeyance until all the facts in a case have been presented.
- to depart secretly
- Sentence: A warrent is out for the arrest of a person believed to have absconded with 3 million dollars