Chap 3 Brown
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the five test types described by Brown?
- 1.Language Aptitude Tests
- -Measure capacity or general ability to learn a foreign language and ultimate success
- Example: Modern LanguageAptitude Test (MLAT) & Pimsleur Language Aptitude Battery (PLAB)
- 2. Proficiency Tests
- ---Tests global competence in a language; not limited to any one course, curriculum, or single skill in the language; rather, it tests overall ability
- 3. Placement Tests
- --Place students in particular level
- 4. Diagnostic Tests
- --Diagnose specific aspects of language
- 5. Achievement Tests
- --Should address particular curriculum
What are the four practical tasks for test construction?
1. Assessing Clear, Unambiguous Objectives
2. Drawing up Test Specifications
3. Devising Test tasks
- 4. Designing Multiple-choice Test items
- -- Be careful when designing a MP choice test
Characteristics of multiple choice tests
1. Receptive and selective from a set of responses (a supply)
2. Every MCT has a stem which has several options or alternatives.
3. The key is the correct response while others are distractors.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview