Subjunctive Verb Tenses
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Subjunctive Mood
- Use: In Situations Where There Is Some Aspect Of Uncertainty (something that is not known or controllable)
- 1. Desire
- 2. Ignorance
- 3. Emotional Statement or Comment
- 4. Impersonal Opinion
- 5. Uncompleted Action
- 6. Vague or Indefinite antecedent
- 7. "Perhaps"; "Maybe"
- 8. "even if"
The Present Subjunctive Tense
- Mood: Present Subjunctive
- Time: The Uncertain Present And Future
- Indicators: Main Clause Of Uncertainty + "que"
The Imperfect Subjunctive
- Mood: Imperfect Subjunctive
- Time: The Past
- Indicators: Hypothetical "if"; "as if"
The Present Perfect Subjunctive
- Mood: Present Perfect Subjunctive
- Time: Relatively Recent Past
- Indicators: "has" / "have" + Past Participle
The Pluperfect Subjunctive
- Mood: Pluperfect (Past Perfect) Subjunctive
- Time: The Relatively Remote Past
- Indicators: "had" + Past Participle
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview