Class 224 Essay
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Describe the limitations of confidently?
Describe what is meant by infomed consent?
- the client has been educated as to the nature and form of disclosure
- client can give specific and written consent to release information
- agency have a printed consent form that is explained carefully to all clients
- it signed by the client and by the individual taking the intake and dated
Describe some things that a counselor can do to increase professional growth?
- Read addictions treatment journals
- Attend professional seminars
- Attend agency networking events
- be active in the NAADAC
- complete coursework in an addictions studies curriculum
- learn biomedical knowledge
- multicultural awareness and sensitivity
- new medications
- new laws and regulations
- changes in the field
Describe how as a counselor, you can remain objective and why you should remain objective?
a skilled objective counselor can facilitate values, clarification and development of an ethical system wit clients without imposing his or her velief system or disparaging that of others
How counselor relationship is different than other?
- is like lawyer and client
- cleric and penitent
- privileged legally covered with a code of silence
Describe the purposes and differences between various types of assessment tools?
- Assessement includes those activities, skills and tools that facilitate the gathering of information througout the case management and the treatment process.
- Ongoing Evaluation
- Treatment Planning
Describe the use of a Decisional Balance Sheet?
- summary of the positives and negatives continued substance use or abstinence
- important assessment for continuing treatment planning
- provides tips for proactive relapse prevention
List the various areas of assessment in a Bio-psycho social assessment?
- Childhood and Adolescence
- History of substance us and abue
- Health problems/ medical treatment past and present
- Mental health history
- Family and social functioning
- Employment, education and recreation
- Sexual history
- Legal issues
Describe the six dimensions for the ASAM -PPC2 Criteria?
- Acute intoxication
- Biomedical conditions, complications
- Emotional, behavioral or cognitive conditions, complications
- Readiness to change
- Relapse/continued use/continued problem potential
- Recovery environment
4 of 7 criteria for substance dependence as outlined in the DSM-IV-TR?
- Increased amount and time using substance than user had intended
- Persistant desire and or failure to cut down on use
Describe the treatment planning process?
- is an ongoing process
- builds on a core of information as treatment proceeds
- provids framework for logical
- decison making by a joint effort
- reinforcement that clients are responsible for their own recovery
5 warning signs for relapse?
- Returning to denial or minimization of the problem
- Getting too lonely, hungry, or tired
- Poor self care including lack of sleep, poor eating habits, and not exercising
- Stewing in self pity about situation
- Not having any daily support gorup such as AA
- Having an I don't give a damn attitude
- Desiring and returning to risky people , place, and things
- Wishful or magical thinking about resolving problems
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview