The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
To identify resources by location on the Internet, you would use which addressing feature?
- URLExplanation:When the browser user enters file requests by either "opening" a Web file (typing in a Uniform Resource Locator or URL) or clicking on a hypertext link, the browser builds an HTTP request and sends it to the Internet Protocol address indicated by the URL.
. Which of the following provides a connectionless
- Protocols such as IPX, IP and UDP are considered to be
- connectionless. They place the packet on the network and assume the address
- will get it through. This is similar to the U.S. Mail system. When the
- connectionless protocol is used, packet sequencing and sorting are handled at
- higher levels. This allows faster delivery. Packets in connectionless service
- are called datagrams.
. Which of the following is a legal class B IP address?
- Remember, You can tell the Class of network address by
- looking at the first octet of the IP address. \nClass A - ranges from 1 to 127\nClass
- B - ranges from 128 to 191\nClass C - ranges from 192 to 223\n
Which WI-Fi security protocol provides better
- When WEP was found to be less secure than initially
- anticipated Wi-Fi Protected Access was developed to enhance the security of
- User Authentication using EAP, and add a more secure encryption method with
Which of the following protocols is responsible for
converting the hardware address 00-4A-2B-E9-AF-37 to an IP address?
- When IP has a datagram to send, it has already been
- informed by upper-layer protocols of the destination's address. However, IP
- must also inform a Network Access protocol such as Ethernet or Token Ring, of
- the destination's hardware address. If IP doesn't know the hardware address, it
- uses the ARP protocol to find this information.
An Ipv6 address for which uniqueness has been verified
and from which unicast traffic can be sent and received is classified as which
of the following?
- A Valid address is
- an address for which uniqueness has been verified and from which unicast
- traffic can be sent and received. The valid state covers both the preferred and
- deprecated states.
A protocol used to map an IP address to a physical MAC
- Remember, when IP has a datagram to send, it has already
- been informed by upper-layer protocols of the destination's address. However,
- IP must also inform a Network Access protocol such as Ethernet or Token Ring,
- of the destination's hardware address. If IP doesn't know the hardware address,
- it uses the ARP protocol to find this information.
Which of the following are connectionless protocols?
Remember, TFTP and UDP are connectionless, opting for speed over guaranteed delivery.
255.255.255.0 is the subnet mask for which class of IP
- The default subnet masks for Class A, B and C networks
- are: \nClass A - 255.0.0.0\nClass B - 255.255.0.0\nClass C - 255.255.255.0\n
Of the IEEE specifications listed, which is (are) capable
of operating at 11Mbps? (choose all that apply)
- The highest speed an 802.11b can reach is 11Mbps. 802.11a
- and 802.11g devices, while capable of higher speeds, will also communicate at
- lower speeds.
. Which of the following represents a mac
- MAC address are factory assigned hardware that are burned
- into your device's ROM. They are hexidecimal numbers containing values from 0-9
- and A-F. You may find these values separated by dashes or colons.
Which routing method requires more administrative
- Remember, with static routing you must manually enter the
- address information as well as any changes.
In an E-mail system, which of the following is the
location of all user messages?
- Post office
- Remember, the POP server is where inbound e-mail waits
- until retrieved by the user.