Intro to Nursing
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "Lady with the Lamp"
- Founder of nursing
- Established first nursing philosophy on maintenance and restoration
- In 1860 founded first school of nursing to teach sanitation. More of an apprenticeship
Founder of the American Red Cross
Lillian Wald and Mary Brewster
- Opened the Henry Street Settlement.
- Focused on health needs of poor people in New York City known as community based nursing.
- Wald wrote about this in her book The House on Henry Street.
Civil War on professional nursing
Stimulated growth of nursing in the U.S.
ANA (American Nurses Association)
Has a number of publications that address ethics and human rights in nursing
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview