ch 29 rad exam III intro to rad interpretation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The ability to evanluate and recognize what is revealed by a radiograph allow the dental professional to play a vital role in
detection of diseases, lesions and conditions of the jaws that cannot be identified clinically
an explanation of what is viewed on a dental radiograph; the ablility to read what is revealed by a dental radiograph
to offer an explanation
the identification of a disease by examination or analysis.
who can examine films
- any dental professional with training in interpretation
- dentist and dental hygienist and maybe the assistant
to interpret films the dental radiographer must be confident in teh identification and recognition of (5)
- normal anatomy
- dental erstorations, dental materials, and foreign objects
- dental caries
- periodontal disease
- traumatic injuries and periapical lesions
refers to explanation of what is viewed on a radiograph
refers to the identification of diseases by examination or analysis
The final interpretation and diagnosis are teh responsibilities of who?
radiographs are taken to benefit?
When should radiographs be taken? then what?
- at the beginning of the appointment
- used for diagnostic, theraputic, and educational purposes
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview