The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Jesus as Long-Awaited Messiah and King
- I. The Presentation of the King (1 - 10)
- II. The Rejection of the King (11 - 28)
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 4
The temptation and introduction to Jesus' ministry; call of Peter, Andrew, James, and John
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 5-7
Sermon on the Mount
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 10
The Twelve sent out to preac
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 13
Parables (see key passages)
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 18
Church discipline; Parable of the unforgiving slave
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 23
7 or 8 woes to the "Scribes and Pharisees"
MATTHEW KEY CHAPTER 24-25
Genealogies, Abrahamic and Davidic showing Jesus Christ's right to the throne of David, King of Israel
"Behold the virgin shall be with child....Immaneul...." Prophecy of virgin birth of Jesus fulfilled
"Out of Egypt did I call My Son." Jesus' flight to Egypt from Herod prophesied in Hosea 11:1.
The Beatitudes - qualities of the true Kingdom citizen and their resulting blessing from God.
"I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill" Christ's confirmation of the Law by His (perfect) life, His teaching (real meaning of Law). Righteousness surpassing Pharisees' is evidence of salvation, not merit.
Matt 5:31-32, 19:4-6, 8-9
Unrighteous divorce/remarriage is wrong
"Lord, Lord, did we not?" False evidence of salvation. Issue is knowing Christ and practicing righteousness vs. lawlessness.
- Sower - Only seed on good ground will produce genuine Christians
- Wheat and Tares - False religion won't be uprooted until judgment day (Tares)
- Mustard Seed - Rapid growth and influence of the kingdom in this age.
- Leaven and Meal - Leaven: good or bad. Either this age ends in apostasy or Christianity becomes a world wide faith through the power of the Gospel.
- Hidden Treasure/Pearl - Treasure is redeemed Christians and the buyer is Christ or the treasure is the Gospel and the buyer is the perspective Christian shopper.
- Dragnet - "Nothing but the facts" purging and separating judgment of real and false believers of the end of the age.
- Householder - First Pastor, "New things" are mysteries of the new age at hand 15:24 "I was sent only to the....house of Israel. Israel had priority in hearing the Gospel of the Kingdom in keeping with God's plan for them to be a light to the nations.
The rock is Peter's Confession
Unless you are converted and become like children. Humble as children.
MATTHEW KEY PEOPLE:
Andrew, Annas, Caiaphas, John the Baptist, Herod, Pilate, Simon of Cyrene