Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the similarities and differences between the models of intelligence?
You are choosing an individual intelligence test for your practice. Compare and contrast individual
intelligence tests by looking at the following; correlation coefficient,categories tested, specific age groups, cultural issues. Based on the
information in the chapter, which test would you most likely use in your
practice and why?
In regards to a genogram and mapping which one would you involve clients in and which one would you not?
In a genogram the client is involved and in Mapping the client is not involved
Examples for Pre-marital, Marital, & Family (instruments)
- Pre-Marital-Prepare/Enrich &Taylor/Johnson
- Marital Satifaction Inventory
- Family adaptability & cohesion evaluation scale
- Family assessment measure
- Family environment scale
Educational & Vocational Test (Achievement Tests)
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT's)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude
- Test Battery
- O*Net ability profiler
When evaluating the instrument there are 6 things to look at. what are they?
- 1. Knowing the purpose for the test
- 2. Development of the test
- 3. Reliability
- 4. Validity
- 5. Scoring method
- 6. Qualifications that are needed
4 things to consider when adminstering the instrument.
- 1. Expectancy Effects
- 2. Examiner/Examinee Relationship
- 3. Ethnicty of Examiner and Examinee
- 4. Scoring
when it comes to pre-marital, there was the purpose for pre-marital assessment. there are 5 things to know...
- 1. Explore relationships strengths and limitations
- 2. Learn Assertiveness and Active listening
- 3. Learn how to resolve conflict using 10 step model
- 4. Help couples discuss family origin
- 5. Helps couples with financial planning and budgeting
Examples for intrest inventories, skills inventories, and combined assessments (both elements in them)
- Intrest inventories-
- Strong Intrest Inventory
- Self-Directed Search
- Kuder Instrument
- Skills Inventories
- Campbells intrest and Skills Survey
- Skills Confidence inventory
- Combined Assessments-
- Kuder Career Planning
- COP System
Know Examples of Values Inventory
- Values Scales
- Salience Inventory
3 IQ tests that are out of Chapter 7.
Difference between Manifest Intreset and Expressed Intrest
Manifest Intrest-How they choose to spend their time
Expressed Intrest-What they say thier intrests are
Ink Blot, Sand tray, HTP, DAP, Rotters Sentances Blank, TAT
7 areas that need to be evaluated in order to help someone with their career choosing.
- 1. Age
- 2. Financial situation
- 3. Education
- 4. Support
- 5. Willingness
- 6. Resources
- 7. Current Career
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview