The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
50 Ice Age Mixed Review
Sid the sloth is running from the rhinos, hits Manny the mammoth and bounces off of him. This is an example of -
What is an elastic collision?
Pinky takes his first steps from Manfred towards Sid, traveling 5 meters East in 20 seconds. Pinky then loses his balance and changes his direction, walking South for 4 seconds towards Diego 7 meters away. Pinky’s average speed from Manny to Diego; his average velocity –
- •What is 0.36 m/s?
- R2 = 52 + 72
- d= 8.6 m, SE
- v= 8.6m/24s = 0.36 m/s
Carl and Frank, two prehistoric rhinos, are engaged in a shoving match against Manny the mammoth. Both rhinos have a mass of 1500 kg each while Manny has a mass of 2500 kg. The rhino’s push Manny and cause him to accelerate backwards at 0.3 m/s2. The force exerted on Manny by the rhinos is
•What is F=ma or 750N?
The last encounter has Manny and the bad sabertooth tiger, Soto, fighting each other. Manny tosses the 250 kg Soto (at rest) horizontally into a rock with a final velocity of 22 m/s. Manny’s tusks are in contact with Soto for a time of 1.2 secs while tossing him. The force on Soto is
What is Ft = Dmv or 4583N?
Sid the Sloth (m=30kg) has gabbed hold of a melon and must run through a swarm of resting dodo birds, each weighing 5 kg. Sid begins with an initial velocity of 40 m/s. How many dodos can Sid have an inelastic collision with until his speed falls below 2m/s. Do the calculation.
- •What is m1v1 + m2v2 = (m1+m2)vf ?
- •What is 114 dodo birds?
50 Speed and Velocity
•Define the term speed. Is it a vector or a scalar.
- •What is the change in distance over time?
- •What is a scalar?
100 Speed and velocity
- An object moves a distance of 10 m in 5 seconds. The average speed of the object is
- a. 0.5 m/s c. 40 m/s
- b. 2.0 m/s d. 50 m/s
What is answer b. 2.0 m/s? V= d/t =10m / 5s = 2.0 m/s
150 S and V
- As a cart travels around a horizontal circular track, the cart MUST undergo a change in
- a: velocity b: speed
- c: inertia d: weight
- What is a: Velocity ?
- Velocity has direction in its measurement, circle motion must have a constant change in direction.
The term at in the equation v= v0 +at represents what quantity?
- a) object’s position b) object’s speed
- c) object’s acceleration d) object’s time
- What is b: object’s speed ?
250 S and V
- The average speed of a plane was 600 kilometers per hour. How long did it take the plane to travel 120 km?
- a: 0.2 h b: 0.5 h
- c: 0.7 h d: 5 h
- What is a : 0.2 h ?
- v = d / t
- 600 km /h = 120 km / t
- t = 120 km / 600 km / h
- t = . 2 h?