Pharm Block 1 (kinetics)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the formula for Loading dose?
With will F be if it is an IV fluid?
- Loading dose = (Vd)(Cp)
- it is 100% absorbed into the blood stream so F=1
- Vd= volume of distribution (amount in the body)
- weight of man goes ontop
- Cp= concentration in plasma (amount in the plasma)
- PO= Loading dose
- F= bioavaiability
How many half lives for a drug to reach a steady state?
What is the formula for Dosing rate?
Formula for the Volume of distribution?
Formula for therapeutic index?
5 half lives
Dosing rate = Css (plasma level) X CL (clearance) The amount in X the amount out
Cd= dose / Cp
TI= margin of safety= LD/ED
What is Pka?
What form crosses the Basement membran?
it is the pH of a drug at which 1/2 is dissociated
What is formula for Infusion rate at steady state?
CL= rate of elimination/ Cp
Infustion rate= Cl X Cp
Half life equation?
Maintanance dose =Cp X CL X time / F
T 1/2= .7/ Ke (elimination constant)
Ke= CL/ Vd
How much drug present at :
1 half life?
2 half lives?
The time to reach steady state is dependent only on?
Steady state equation?
Css= Dose X F/ CL X Time
what is the difference between zero order and 1st order kinetics?
- Zero Order---
- –Constant Amount is eliminated per unit time
- –When dose increases, the plasma concentration increases disproportionally
- 1st order-
- –Constant % or fraction is eliminated per unit time
- –When there is a high concentration of drug in the plasma, elimination is high
Urine acidity effects on drug excretion
–acidic urine: favors excretion of basic drugs
–basic urine: favors excretion of acidic drugs
best predictor of intensity of drug activity ?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview