The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
desaturation of fatty acids requires _______ and _____________.
cytochrome b5, NADPH-cytochrome b5 reducase.
Fatty acid is activated by attaching to
Oxidation of fatty acid occurs here.
_______ is the transport molecule for fatty acids into the mitochondrial matrix.
Oxidation of palmitate yields _ oxidations and _____ is the final product. Overall yield is ___ ATPs.
B-Oxidation oxidizes _______ fatty acids with ____ number.
odd chain fatty acids produce this.
Alpha-oxidation necessary for metabolism of _____ ____ fatty acid, uses fatty acid ________ which occurs in peroxisomes.
- branched chain
synthesis of fatty acids
- Subcellular location- cytosol
- Carriers- citrate
- acyl carrier- actyl carrier protein
- activator- citrate
- inhibitor- long chain fatty acid acyl CoA
- product- palmitate
- 4 step- cond, reduction, dehydrat, reduction
degradation of fatty acid
- subcellular location- mitochondria
- carrier- carnitine
- acyl carrier- CoA
- activator- CoA
- inhibitor- Malonyl CoA
- product- acetly coa
- 4 step- Dehydrogenation, hydration, dehydrog, thiolysis
water soluble lipid based energy : _____ and ______
Acetoacetic acid and B-hydroxybutyric acid
Ketone body production occurs in the
Ketone body formation can be considered an _______ pathway.
ketone body formation stimulated with acetyl-CoA accumulates due to ____ carbohydrate utilization, low level of _______, citrate synthase activity is ___.
Energy for ketone bodies is derived from _______ being converted to acetoacetyl CoA in tissues other than the ____ such as the _____ and muslce.
synthesis of lipids does the following
- Increases release of insulin
- protein phosphatase activity
- inhibits hormone sensitive lipase
- and activates acetyl CoA carboxylase (Rate limit enzyme)
degradation of lipids does this
- releases glucagon and epinephrine
- protein kinase activity
- inhibit acetyl coa carboxylase
- activate hormone sensitive lipase