Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A person who brings suit in court.
- The person who starts the court
- A person, company, etc, against whom a claim or charge is brought in a court.
- The person that is being sued.
- to argue to reduce your sentence
- give yourself up in order to get a less severe sentence
A court whose jurisdiction is to review decision of lower courts or agencies.
a law court having jurisdiction over youth generally of less than 18 years
court of domestic relations
A court of law in which criminal cases are tried and determined
- A special court with the power over administration of estates of deceased persons
- for example wills
The process during which the jury discusses the facts of the case and the law as instructed by the judge
A officer employed to keep order in the court
- a jury that can not agree on a verdict
- If there is one, they will retry the case
- to relieve from a charge of fault or crime
- not guilty
An earnest request for aid, support, sympathy, mercy, etc.
property or money given as surety that a person released from custody will return at an appointed time.
The first interrogaton of a witness by the side that has called that witness.
- to emanine by questions intended to check a previous examination
- to examine closely or minutly
a group of persons sworn to render a verdict or true answer on a question or questions oficially submitted to them
evidence that the judge finds that is useful
- a person, as a physician, who provides testimony at a legal proceeding in the form of professional opinions
- Doctor, Police officer "truck driver"
a summons to get a witness to come to court.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview