Biochem lecture 33
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Ketogenic vs Glucogenic amino acids
- Ketogenic- Leu and Lys are degraded to Acetyl-CoA
- Glucogenic- Ile, Phe, Tyr, and Trp
- Glucogenic- all others
7 products of amino acid catabolism
- succinyl CoA
- Acetyl CoA
One carbon metabolism contain the following 3
THF, AdoMet, and biotin
Tetrahydrofolate is the reduced form of ______.
N5 is the attachment site of ______
N10 is the attachment site of _____ and_______.
- formyl and formino-methylene
SAM serves as a precursor for most ____ _____ reactions.
Methyl group transfer from AdoMet to _______ acceptor is _______.
_________ methyltransferase catalyzes the transfer for resynthesis of methionine. it is a ___ cofactor.
Serines 2 pathways are
Deficient phenylalanine dehydroxylase leads to the genetic disease ________. If caught early the addition of _______ and restriction of phenylalanine from diet can minimize retardation.
characteristics of albinism
- Defective process- melanin synthesis from tyrosine
- defective enzyme- tyrosinase
- Symptoms- lack of pigmentation, white hair, pink skin
- Defective process- tyrosine degradation
- D. enzyme- homogentisate dioxygenase
- Symptoms- dark pigment in urine, later develop arthritis
- D. Process- conversion of phenylalanine to tyrosine
- D. enzyme- phenylalanine hydroxylase
- Symtoms- neonatal vomiting, retardation.
Niacin is a precursor for ____ or ____
NAD and NADP
Tryptophan is a precursor for ____ and _____
Niacin and serotonin
Tyrosine is a precursor for ___ ____ and _____
- Thyroid hormone
Glutamine is a precursor for
Transamination of a-keto acids requires _____ _____
amidation is an __________ process.
synthesis from other amino acids is _________.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview