Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mechanism of Action
Principal form of glucose used by the body to create energy
None in patient with hypoglycemia
- Use with caution in increased ICP as the added glucose may worsen edema.
- Consider BGL monitoring before and after administration.
- Monitor for localized venous irritation.
- Tissue necrosis
- Pain at injection site
Dosage and Route
- Adult: 25 g of 50% solution IVP prn
- Pedi: 0.5 g/kg IVP/IO of 25% solution (10% solution if under 10kg)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview