Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where are apical meristems located?
At the tips of roots and stems
What is the difference between Primary and Secondary Growth?
- Primary=growth in length
- Secondary=growth in width
What are the 3 primary meristems and what tissues do they give rise to?
- 2.Procambium-xylem and phloem
- 3.Ground meristem-pith and cortex
Which of the cells in xylem transport water? Which of the cells in phloem transport sugar?
Vessel elements-xylem; Sieve elements-phloem
What are the 3 secondary meristems and what tissues do they give rise to?
- 1.Vascular Cambium-secondary xylem and phloem
- 2.Cork cambium-cork cells
- 3.Intercalary meristem-extsion of nodes in grass only
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview