Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Tell us about yourself
- 38 years old
- Married 10 years
- 9 year old daughter and 1 year son
- From CA. but here for 20 years (Phx is home, I even claim the Cardinals)
- #1 Priority is always being able to take care of my little boy, little girl and wife
- Army priority is to always remember our greatest asset is our Soldiers
Why do you want to be a Training Technical
- I enjoy training.
- I enjoy being part of an organization that is responsible for ensuring the success of our National Guard Soldiers
- I truly believe in the mission of the US Army and the National Guard
- I understand there is only one standard which is the US Army Standard
- I want to ensure the training I am part of brings credit to the Guard; so we remove the stereotype of being a typical Guard unit
- I want a job that I want to come to work and I enjoy my work
What is the job of a Training Tech
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Training, Advisory services, Administering OJT, Operations, and Development of Training Programs
- Operations and oversight of range operations
- Provide technical assistance, training, and support to using Units
- Management of firing ranges, training and bivouac areas, and training records utilizing the RFMSS and PEO-STRI
What have you done to prepare for this position?
- I have been preparing for this job for the past 4 years.
- I believe I a great fit for this position considering:* Recent return from deployment as Operations NCOIC (174 MP’s)
- 2 Years experience with the MTB as weapons team NCOIC
- 1 year experience with OJS as Mobile Training Team NCOIC
- All have extensive weapons experience consisting of planning, conducting, and evaluating training
What are you bringing to the job?
- If you have sat on boards before, you’ve heard:
- I’m a hard worker, quick learner, I give 100%, personality to work with anyone, ect, ect.
- All that’s me too; BUT what I’m bringing is:
- True meaning of Teamwork / Chemistry
- The importance of being able to follow then lead
- When in leadership position teach chemistry
- Example of good & bad chemistry
- The experience of being at the bottom and working my way to the top
- Positive attitude of representing for the old dudes
- I’m here for a career position vs. just a job and a pay check
Why should we choose you over other candidates?
- I’m not here to bad mouth any other candidates; I’m sure they are all qualified for the position and I’d be honored to work with any of them.
- What separates me is:
- This is personal; I take it very serious that you would choose me to be part of your team
- I know when I’m in a good situation
- I’m not focused on doing things for recognition, that will come with doing a good job
- I always remember 3 rules:
- 1) Be where I’m supposed to be, when I’m supposed to be there, with the right attitude
- 2) Look like a Soldier
- 3) Maintain physical fitness
- Commitment, Loyalty, Dedication
- Physically fit (I can hang with any of the youngsters)
- Attention to detail; I take owner ship of my title, Supervisors can count on
- me for mission completeness, upholding standards, and team chemistry
- Knowing I'm not perfect
- Time management for continuing pursuit of Bachelor's Degree
- Doughnuts; terrible sweet tooth
What would your employer say about you?
Passionate about training and upholding the standard