P.T.C. - Heavy Equipment Operations Trade Terms Quiz (Module 3)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. A _____ is an attachment with teeth used on motor graders to loosen soil.
2. A compacted dirt road used to move material and equipment on and off the site is known as a _____.
3. A(n) _____ is a device that uses fluid, usually oil, to transmit torque from one shaft to another.
4. An electrical current that flows in only one direction is called _____.
Direct current (DC)
5. _____ is the basis of hydraulic theory.
6. A _____ tire is inflated with air.
7. Two parts connected by a joint are _____ and move independently.
8. The fluid energy of the hydraulic system is converted into mechanical energy by a _____.
9. A _____ transforms the hydraulic working energy into rotary mechanical energy.
10. A _____ is a large bowl that is pulled by a tractor and used to spread or pick up dirt or other loose material.
11. A _____ is an attachment used by dozers, motor graders, and other machines to loosen heavily compacted soil and soft rock.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview