Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name 5 causes of hyperthyroidism.
- Grave's disease
- Ingestion of thyroid hormone
- Hypersecreting adenoma
- Multinodular goitre
- Rare secondary causes e.g. TSH-secreting adenoma, choriocarcinoma
What are 4 types of thyroid tumours?
- Follicular adenoma
- Papillary ca
- Follicular ca
- Medullary ca
- Anaplastic ca
Name 5 types of adrenal diseases.
- Cushing's syndrome e.g. iatrogenic, pituitary lesion
- Hyperaldosteronism e.g. Conn's syndrome, adrenal hyperplasia
- Mass lesions e.g. phaechromocytoma (hyperfunction), neuroblastoma (hypofunction)
- Addison's disease e.g.autoimmune, infections
Name 5 mass effects of pituitary adenomas.
- Reduced secretion of other anterior pituitary hormones
- Diabetes insipidus
- Visual disturbances
- Signs of raised ICP
Describe the clinical picture of Conn's syndrome.
- 1% of hypertensives
- F: M = 2:1
- Headache, polyuria, polydipsia
- Hypernatremia, hypokalemia, hypertension, low renin
- (!! Results from aldosterone producing adenoma)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview