The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
to what kingdom does crayfish belong?
to what phylum does crayfish belong?
to what subphylum does crayfish belong?
Describe the crayfish respiratory system.
- - pinkish-brown gills
- - under the carapace, above the legs
Describe the crayfish circulatory system
- - heart (located medially on the dorsal side)
- - open circulatory system: the heart pumps blood toward the head, then it flows backwards, bathing organs; it collects in sinuses (hollows) around the heart
Describe the crayfish nervous system.
- - a simple brain
- - vental nerve cord
Describe the excretory system of the crayfish
-green glands in the head filter blood and release waste through pores near the antennae
Describe the crayfish digestive system.
- - maxilipeds ("jaw feet") bring food into mouth
- - mandibles (jaws) for biting food
- - mouth
- - stomach, which contain teeth made of chitin
- - intestine absorbs nutrients
- - anus releases waste
Describe the reproductive system of the crayfish.
- - female crayfish have ovaries which produce eggs
- - male crayfish have testes which produce sperm
- - female crayfish carry fertilized eggs with swimmerets until they hatch