The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A huge, very strong, imaginary creature that looks like a human being.
- Extremely large; huge:
The giant pizza was big enough to feed twenty people.
- Very hard to explain or understand:
No one could explain the mysterious egg on the teacher's desk.
- A base or support, as for a column or statue:
The Statue of Liberty stands on top of a pedestal.
- An open area in a city or town where two or more streets meet:
Jacob and Tony ate their lunch on a bench in the town square.
- An image, often of a person or an animal, made out of something solid, such as stone or metal:
Gina saw a huge statue of Abraham Lincoln in Washington, D.C.
- A person or animal without strength or power:
Compared to a lion, a house cat is a weakling.
- Word History
- Weakling contains the suffix -ling, which means "smaller or with less force."
- The suffix -ling also means "a person or animal that is young."
- Another word that contains -ling is the word duckling.