P.T.C. - Heavy Equipment Operations Trade Terms Quiz (Module 5)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. The parallel groove that runs lengthwise on a shaft is called a _____.
2. The load-pulling capacity is called the _____.
3. An exhaust-driven centrifugal air compressor that is used to increase power is called a _____.
4. To _____ is to move equipment from place to place.
5. To _____ is to cause two surfaces to fit firmly together.
6. To slow down is to _____.
7. The part of the tire that fits against the rim is called the _____.
8. Controls for equipment mounted on a three-point hitch are called the _____.
9. The mechanical connection on an engine or transmission to which a cable, belt, or shaft can be connected to drive an attachment or tool is called a _____.
Power takeoff (PTO)
10. A mower, posthole digger, sweeper, and a roller are _____, which means they are equipped with hydraulically powered controls.
11. Caused by an insufficient flow of blood, _____ usually follows disease or injury; it results in the death or decay of body tissue.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview