Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
change of a target fricative/affricate to a stop “juice” to [dus]
- change of a target velar and/or palatal to an alveolar- “cat” [kaet]
- to [taet]
change of a target affricate to a fricative “choo choo” is [ShuShu]
- substitution of a glide for a target liquid (/l/ or /r/)
- "blue" is [bwu]
- change of a target post vocalic /l/, /r/ or rhotic vowel to
- a non-rhotic vowel
- “pear” /pEU/
- change of a target non-labial (non-alveolar/velar) sound to
- match a labial sound in the word
- – Labial assimilation: “cap”: target [kæp][pæp]
- – Alveolar assimilation: “doggy”: target [dɔgɪ][dɔdɪ]
- – Velar assimilation: “kitty”: target [kɪtɪ][kɪkɪ]
- is the change of a target voiceless sound to a voiced sound before a vowel (to match voicing of vowel).
- – Example: “cup” target [kʌp][ɡʌp]
- is the change of a voiced
- sound to voiceless at the end of a word (to match silence at end).
- – Example: “bug”: target [bʌg][bʌk]
- is change of a target consonant to a glottal stop.
- – Example: “lip”: target [lɪp][Ɂɪp]
- is the change of a consonant that is
- normally produced farther forward in the mouth to a velar consonant.
- – Example: “push”: target [pʊʃ][pʊk]
Initial consonant deletion
- involves the elision of word initial consonants (does NOT fit typical CV pattern)
- – Example: “cat”: target [kæt][æt]
Stop replacing glide
Example: “yes”: target [jɛs][dɛs]
Fricative replacing stop
Example: “poopoo”: target [pupu][fufu
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview