The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A general term describing many types of conditions which are inflamed and red
Genetic disorder, primarily in children and young adults affecting the face and the skin folds on the inside of the knees and elbows
A rash that results from either (a) a chemical or (b) an allergen touching susceptible skin
Tx for dermatitis
Astrigent products such as: Burow's Solution, Witch Hazel and Zinc oxide
What specific type of contact dermatitis accounts for 70-80% of all cases?
Irritant contact dermatitis
Common caused of allergic contact dermatitis?
- Metal: cobalt, nickel and chromium
- Lanolin, parabens, hair products, nail polishes, hair dyes and soaps
- Local anesthesics such as benzocaine
- Topical antihistamines such as Benadryl cream
- Iodine containing products
- 1.) Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion
- 2.) Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
- 3.) Cortaid (cream & ointment)
- 4.) Cortizone-10 Plus Moisturizing Cream
- 5.) Cortisone-10 Ointment
- 6.) Hydrocortisone (generic)
- 7.) Sarna Anti-itch Lotion
- 8.) Sarna Sensitive Anti-Itch Lotion
- 9.) Sarna Ultra