Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
· Parasites of mollusks and vertebrates
- · Inhabit digestive tract and/ or liver
- · Complex life cycles with intermediate hosts
- · Monoecious (most); some dioecious
Trematoda (flukes) examples are?
Fasciola hepatica (liver fluke), schistosoma mansoni (blood fluke)
· Free-living carnivores
- · Marine (most) or freshwater
- · Move via cilia or undulation
- · Have ocelli (eyespots)
- · Monoecious (One individual can produce both egg and sperm)
Three classes of flatworms:
Turbellaria (turbellarians), Trematoda (flukes), Cestoda (tapeworms)
Phylum Platyhelminthes (flatworms)?
- · Acoelomate
- · Unsegmented
- · Dorsoventrally flattened body
- · Gastrovascular cavity or no digestive tract
- · Some free-living; most parasitic
Phylum Ectoprota (bryozoans)?
- · Have lophophore
- · Marine (most)
- · Colonial
- · Reproduce sexually and asexually
Phylum: Ectoprota (bryozoans), Platyhelminthes (flatworms), Rotifera (rotifers), Nemertea (ribbon worms), Phoronida (phoronids), Brahciopoda (brachiopods), Annelida (segmented worms), Mollusks
have an exoskeleton (chitin) or a cuticle; must undergo ecdysis to grow
possess a lophophore or have a tropchophore larval stage
What are two major protostomes clades?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview