Science Unit 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
BD:A weak spot or opening in Earth’s crust where magma comes out. MD:a weak spot or opening.
MD:a weak spot or opening.
- BD: A compound found in magma;helps determine viscosity.
- MD: A compound found in magma
- BD: Molten mixture of gases,rock,and water.
- MD: A molten solution.
- BD: Molten material that has reached the earth's surface.
- MD: Molten material that has surfaced.
- BD: Slow moving lava,high in silica content.
- MD: Slow moving,high silica content.
- BD: Eruptions from low silica content magma and low viscosity.
- MD: Eruptions from low silica content.
- BD: Eruptions from high silica content magma and high viscosity.
- MD: Eruptions from high silica content and viscosity.
- BD: Fast moving lava,low in silica content ; brownie batter.
- MD: Fast moving lava, low silica content.
- BD: a mixture of gases, ash, cinders and bombs from an explosive eruption.
- MD: A solution of gases,ash,cinders,and bombs.
- BD: fine,dust like lava.
- MD: fine,dust like lava.
- BD:Pebble sized lava.
- MD: Pebble sized lava.
- BD: lava from the size of a baseball to a car.
- MD: Lava from the size of baseballs-cars.
- BD: Will never erupt again.
- MD: Will never erupt again.
- BD: Not currently erupting, but it’s likely to erupt again.
- MD: Not currently erupting (sleeping.)
- BD: Material in it’s simplest form; cannot be broken down anymore.
- MD: Material that can't be broken down anymore.
- BD: Two or more elements that are together.
- MD: Two elements that are together.
Ring of fire
- BD: Volcanic ring around the pacific plate; 72% of world’s volcanoes.
- MD: Volcanic ring.
- BD: String of volcanic islands near subduction zones.
- MD: String of volcanic islands near zones.
- BD: Fixed, weak spot in crust where magma comes out easily.
- MD: Weak spot in the crust.
- BD: The resistance to flow
- MD: The resistance to flow.
- BD: Pool of magma beneath the surface.
- MD: Pool of magma beneath the surface.
- BD: Central tube connecting the magma chamber to the surface.
- MD: Tube where lava passes through.
- BD: Opening where magma comes out, can be on top or on sides.
- MD: Opening where magma comes out.
- BD: Central opening at the top of a volcano.
- MD: Central opening on top of a volcano.
- BD: Lava that comes out of and over the sides of a volcano.
- MD: The flow of the lava.
- BD: Activity on earth that is caused by heat from within.
- MD: Activity caused on earth because of the inside of the earth.
- BD: Thin layers of lava that harden, forming a gradually inclined hill.
- MD: Thin layers of lava that harden.
- BD: Most common, mixture of pyroclastic flow and lava.
- MD: Most common volcano.
- BD: Made from pyroclastic flow, explosive eruptions.
- MD: Made from pyroclastic flow.
- BD: Hot water coming out of the ground.
- MD: Hot water forced out ground.
- BD: Magma chamber collapses and volcano sinks into itself.
- MD: Volcano sinking itself in.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview