Chap 17- Hematic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, & Diaphragm
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
In the CPT Man. Index the codes 4 SPLEEN & LYMPH NODES R loc under wht Main Terms...
- 1. SPLEEN
- 2. LYMPH NODES
- 3. BONE MARROW
Codes in the subheading SPLEEN R further divided in/2 "categories" of:
- 1. EXCISION
- 2. REPAIR
- 3. LAPAROSCOPY
- 4. INTRO
EXCISION cat. codes R based on the type of SPLENECTOMY...
The HEMATIC/LYMPHATIC sys is divided in/2 wht subheadings???...
- 1. SPLEEN
- 2. GENERAL
- 3. LYMPH NODES/LYMPHATIC CHANNELS
Bone Marrow Aspiration: -
- Procedure in which a sample of the bone marrow is taken by means of a needle that is inserted in/2 the marrow cavity.
-Marrow is taken from the iliac crest, pelvic bone, or sternum.
Bone Marrow Biopsy: -
- Procedures in which small pieces of the marrow R obtained by means of a needle or trocar.
Bone Marrow Harvesting: -
- Procedure in which a large amt of marrow is aspirated frm a donor by means of a large aspiration needle.
- The marrow is then transplanted into the recipient pt.
Code Range: 38240 - 38242
* Procedure in which the donor bone marrow or stem cells are injected in/2 the pt.
* The preparation & storage of the cells "prior 2 transplantation" or "infusion" are reported w/codes frm: 32807 - 38215
- ** Bone marrow is from the same species (human), such as a cadaver, a close relative, or a non/related donor.
- * Testing is done 2 determine a close genetic match 4 the recipient
* Bone marrow is collected frm the pt, processed, & later transplanted or reinfused into the pt.
STEM CELL HARVESTING:
* Is the coll of stem cells frm the blood sys through a process termed apheresis
* A needle is placed into the vein in 1 armm of the donor & the blood is removed & filtered in order 2 remove the stem cells.
- * This process takes 4-6 hrs & is usually completed in 2 sessions
- * The harvesting & retrun of the blood 2 the donor (replanation) is reported w/cd's: 38205 - 38206
"Lymph Nodes & Lymphatic Channels"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview