Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
LOSS OF ALL ENGINES
- Emergency Power-ON
- Engine Ignition-Override.
Cabin altitude Warning/Rapid Depressurization.
- Oxygen MAsk---ON 100%
- Outflow Valve Control Lever---Manual (Down)
- Outflow Valve Closed---Full forward Locked
L or R Start Valve Open light
- (above E/O acceleration altitude)
- Autothrottles Disconnect.
- Throttle Idle on affected side.
- Crossfeed Valve closed.
Stabalizer Trim Uncommanded (runaway)
- Primary Trim-Opposite the Runaway.
Double Generator Failure
Emergency Power Selector-ON
Air Conditioning Smoke / Fumes and Cockpit Smoke Removal-Unpressurized?
- Cockpit Oxygen Mast / Smoke goggles
- Oxygen Mask On-100%
- Crew communications Establish
Tail compartment High Temp Light
- Pneumatic Crossfeed Valves closed.
- Airfoil Anti-Ice-OFF
- Aircon - HP Bleed OFF
- (avoid icing conditions)
On Departure the Rudder Unrestricted Light should be extinguished by.... ------ /83 or ------/83
The Rudder moves from -- degrees to --- degrees when fully limited at --- kts.
- 180 / 200 kts.
- 22-2.5 degrees at 300 knots
On approach the RUDDER TRAVEL UNRESTRICTED LIGHT should be illuminated by ---/82 or ---/kts on an 83.
What is the DC BUS VOLTS range and Load Limit?
22-30 volts with a load limit of 1.0.
What is the Power On Battery voltage?
29 +/-4 volts.
When does the aural trim warning sound?
What is the normal travel of the primary and secondary trim?
Aural warning 2 degrees in 30 seconds.
- Primary 1/3 degree per second.
- Secondary-1/10th of a degree per second.
What will cause the APU to shutdown inflight?
- 1. APU Fire
- 2. Overspeed.
- 3. Speed Sensing Failure.
- 4. DC Power Interruption.
- 5. Misc other Faults.
What is the Min Airfopil Pressure and Altitude?
Don't takeoff if the Brake Temp exceedes --- degrees c.
205 degrees C
What are hot brakes?
What are overheated brakes?
Over 400 c
Describe the Stall Sequence:
- • SPD LOW is displayed in the FMA Pitch Window
- • Slats will go to full extend (if at mid-sealed)
- • Approaching stall the stick shaker will activate
- • At stall speed, the klaxon and aural warning of "STALL" will sound and
- STALL Lights will illuminate
- • Stick pusher will activate (if slats are fully extended, and both computers
- detect the stall).
When does the rudder go mannual?
- 1. When the lever is selected to manual.
- 2. When the right system pressure is low (950 psi)
There is a 135 knots min / 12 knot max xwind.
What are the fuel tank quantities?
- L and R Main Tanks-9266
- Center Tank-20596
- Aux Tanks-3785
What is the positive pressure relief?
8.32 psi and she blew!
"Normal" Differential Pressure / Normal Max.
7.77 psi +/- .3 psi (8.07)
Power Back EPR LIMIT.
MAX / MIN OAT.
+50 / -54 c
Normal MAX limits for Takeoff N1 N2 EPR.
Orange Radial Lines.
Maximum and Minimum Limits.
Reverse Thrust Limit - Inflight.
Minimum oil on a through flight?
- Through flight - 10 quarts.
- Overnight- 14 quarts.
Minimum oil quantity for dispatch.
4 quarts plus 2 quarts per hour up to a mix of 12 quarts (4 hours).
APU Air must be ____ for flight.
Start Temp Limits Ground and Flight? How Long?
- 475 Ground
- 625 Air.
Engine Driven Generator Load Limits?
- 1.0 continuous.
- 1.5 up to 5 min.
- Over 1.5 for 5 seconds.
APU Starter duty -
- Start 5 Start 5 Start
- Then 1 hour rest.
TWA EFIS Pannels-
Max Limits N1 N2 EGT / Normal TO N1 N2 EGT/Precautionary EGT
RED RAdials Flashing Numbers/Orange RAdial or ARC/Amber Arc
What is on the LEFT HYDRAULIC SYSTEM.
- L reverser.
- Elevator Augmentation.
- Inboard Flight Spoilers.
NWS is reduced _______ the failed Hydraulic System?
What Eqt uses both Hydraulic Systems?
- Ground spoilers
What is on the RIGHT HYDRAULIC SYSTEM?
- Aft Stairs
- R reverser
- Outboard flight spoilers
Do not arm the ground spoilers prior to....
Flap Selection which is prohibited?
13 to 15 degrees (14)
How much pressure from the transfer pump can you expect in a system with a failed main pump?
Apx. 2000 psi to the unpowered side.
Max Cruise EGT?
Max Takeoff Thrust EGT and Time?
- 595 2 min Orange Radial
- 590 / up to 5 min
Where do the Hydraulic Pressure guages measure pressure?
At their respective pumps.
Takeoff Reserve Thrust Limit?
ETG and Time?
- 630c and 2 min Red Radial
- 625 / up to 5 min.
Max Fuel Imbalance?
L/R Main tanks?
FWD / AFT AUX?
When MUST autobrakes be used?
- RW< 7000 feet.
- RVR < 4000 3/4
- BA< GOOD
the Hydraulic LOW PRESSURE lights are sensing from what location?
The end of the L/R spoiler lines.
When MUST Flaps 40 be used?
When is it also reccomended?
Anti-Skid inoperative (must)
- Tailwind R
- Wet/slippery R
- RW < 7000ft R
- BA< Good R
What are the considerations for weather below 4000 RVR 3/4 miles?
- No FO Landings.
- 15 Kt Crosswind.
- Autobrakes Mandatory.
- Takeoff Alt?
- Landing Data Braking Chart.
What is the Main Engine Starter Duty Cycle?
- 30+30+30 = 90 seconds on then 5 min off.
- Subsequent starts 30 sec on / 5 min off.
the Hiyraulic HIGH TEMP lights are sensing from what location?
APU Temp Limits? MCT? Momentary?
Main Engine Start Temp writeup?
- 425 to 475. Warm.
- Over 475 Hot Start.
- 480 to 590 post start over temp.
Brake Overheat Light on? off?
What are the normal hydraulic pressures? High? Low?
- 1300-1600 (Limitations allow 1700 in low)
What does the WHEEL NOT TURNING light indicate?
1 wheel turning 20% slower than the others.
When does the voice recorder "record"?
anytime there is electric power.
When does the APU LOW OPIL PRESSURE Light go out?
It goes out at 95%.
Max Temp to park the brakes?
When is the Flight Recorder recording?
At least 1 engine running and brakes released.
High Oil Temp
High Oil Pressure
Min Low Oil Pressure
- High Oil Temp...Red light
- High Oil Pressure..Flashing.
- Min Low Oil Pressure..Red Light
- Precautionary Ranges..Amber Lights.
Mach Trim Inop Speed Limit?
78 is great!
Inner ply of cracked windshield glass speed limits?
- This is the most restrictive crack.
- 235 below 10,000.
- No restriction above 10,000.
- Windshield Heat selected OFF!
When you set the Standby Altimeter, what are you setting with the "setting"?
- The Standby Altimeter.
- The CADC for Altitude Capture/Levelout and Altitude Alert.
At touchdown the autospoilers deploy. Describe the sequence.
- Mainn wheel spin up causes Flight Spoilers up to 60 degrees.
- Strut compression drive the Ground Spoilers up 60 degrees.
Landing Gear Extend Speed Limit?Retract speed Limit?
- 300 to extend.
- 250 to retract.
219 thrust #'s
- 21,000 MAX
- 21,700 RSV Thrust.
Which Fuel Pump is powered when only the GSB is powering the aircraft?
The Right Aft Pump.
No more than ____# of fuel may be used from the Center Tank before transferring _____ the fuel from the Aux Tanks.
8500# / ALL
During takeoff you select reverse thrust to ABORT...what else then happens in a Non-TWA aircraft?
- 1. Reverse.
- 2. Spoilers up 60degrees.
- 3. Autobrakes activated below 70 knots MIN / above 70 knots MAX.
If a Fuel Tank quantity reads.... 9999 , what is indicated?
A Tank Fault is indicated.
What will automatically shutdown the APU on the ground?
Any APU FAULT LIGHT.
If a Fuel TAnk quantity reads.... [BLANK] , what is indicated?
A channel fault is indicated.
How many lights do you get on a Fire test?
When is Fuel Heat Required?
- Before takeoff or landing if .....Fuel Temp 0c or below. (at least 1 min prior)
- Note: Fuel Filter Pressure Drop is a QRH Procedure which will also direct application of Fuel Heat.
What shuts down the APU Inflight?
- 1. Overspeed 108/110%
- 2. Loss of Speed Sensing.
- 3. Fire
- 4. DC Power Loss / Interruption.
- 5. Other Misc Faults.
What does the Aircon Auto-Shutoff do?
- The system is armed with the switch position and cabin pressure of 1.3psi or more.
- If a 70% bleed pressure difference is detected between engines, BOTH packs will be shutdown.
- The Landing Lights will be retracted with the gear/handle.
The main engine LOW OIL PRESSURE LIGHT and the OIL PRESSURE GUAGE come from __________ sources.
With only battery power available, what boost pump will be powered?
"The 28V DC Transfer Bus Pump" in the right main tank.
When do you hear the APU Fire aural warning?
- Only when the APU is really on FIRE!
- (not during the test)
What happens when you pull an Engine Fire Handle?
- 1. Electric
- 2. Hydraulics
- 3. Pneumatics
- 4. Fuel shutoff at the Spar/Wing.
- 5. Silences the Bell
- 6. Arms the Bottle.
When the Cabin Altitude goes above 10,000ft what happens? 14,000 feet?
- 1. Warning Light
- 2. Aural Warning.
- 3. Seat Belt Sign ON
- 1. Masks Deploy (15 min of O2)
When do the Emergency Lights come on? How are they extinguished?
- 1. Select them on.
- 2. Loose DC Emergency Bus Power.
You need Emer DC BUS power and DC Transfer Bus power to extinguish.
When you press the cargo fire extinguisher, what happens?
- The first bottle is discharged.
- The second is armed to discharge 15 min later at a slower rate.
What are the sources of power for the DC transfer Bus?
- GSB via TR 2
What Busses will you have with the Emergency Power selected ON?
- Emergency AC
- Emergency DC
- Battery Direct
- DC Transfer
- (The Battery Charger is disconnected)
What instruments do you have with ONLY the battery?
- Standby Horizon/AS/ Altimeter.
- Mag compass
With Emergency Power selected ON, What instruments will you have?
The Emergency Power "shovel"
What is the OVRD IGN limit?
2 min on, 3 min off, 2 min on , then 23 minutes OFF.
What is "ALPHA SPEED"?
Min Maneuvering speed for the existing configuration.
When does the STANDBY LIGHTING come on?
When the Emergency Power is selected "ON".
"SPEED LOW" is flashing, why?
Your speed is 10% below ALPHA SPEED.
Where are the first Excessive Pitch Cheverons?
- +25 degrees nose up.(
- -7) degrees nose down.
Describe the engine runup during ground operation in icing conditions.
- 70% N1, for 15 seconds, every 10 minutes.
- Make a stable runup before takeoff.
How many joules is the ignition?
- 20 joule in Override and Start.
- 4 Joul normal and continuous.
When does the PLI (Pitch Limit Indicator) come into view?
- Displayed whenever Windshear Computer (WSC) is operational.
- The IAS is 60 knots or greater and the airplane is at or below 1500 feet radio altitude.
- If the slats are extended, the PLI will be displayed at any altitude.
What does the Radio Rack Fan Light indicate in flight? on the Ground?
- Flight Both Fans have failed.
- Ground One Fan Failed / Call Mtce.
When "should" the engine Anti-Ice be on and when "MUST" the airfoil Anti-Ice be on?
At or below 6c with visible moisture.
A pack will "trip" for what 3 reasons?
- 1. Low flow over the heat exchanger.
- 2. Low flow through the pack (psi)
- 3. Over temp conditions (compressor discharge, turbine inlet, or outlet duct temperature is
What does the elevator Augmentation system do?
- A 3000 psi hydraulic power augmentor system provides elevator control for
- additional nosedown capability in extreme, high angle-of-attack flight
- conditions. Supplied by the left hydraulic system, the power augmentor
- system activates during an extreme stall condition after elevator control tabs
- have been displaced approximately 10° airplane nosedown with respect to
- the elevator surface. A blue ELEVATOR PWR Light on the annunciator
- panel is provided to indicate when hydraulic pressure is used to drive the
What are the APU Load Limits and Altitudes?
- 1.25 On the Ground.
- 1.0 Inflight
- .70 250 to 300
- .625 above 300
What parts of the airfoils are anti-iced?
- The leading edge slats, fwd strakes, ram air scoor.
- When selected, the Horizontal Stabalizer.
What are the engine driven generator limits?
- 115 +/- 8 volts
- 400 +/- 20 cycles.
How can you check to see if the EMERGENCY DC Bus is powered in addition to BUS OFF lights?
The Capt's Pitot Heat Meter will indicate zero.
In addition to an instrument failure, a FLAG in the STANDBY HORIZON may indicate what failure?
The DC Transfer Bus May be unpowered.
When is the tail deiced?
- The tail (horizontal stabalizer) is deiced:
- 1. Every 20 min (15 auto mode)
- 2. 1 min before landing flaps.
- 3. After exiting icing condition prior to shutting off the system.
What pitch will cause a tail-strike on takeoff?