The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The process of determining wheather a person has met predetermined standards.
Being placed on an official list after meeting the educational and testing requirements for a specific profession
A designation that means a person has been granted permission to legally perform certain acts.
Scope of Practice
A descriprion of list of skills that a specific occupational title is legally allowed to preform
Principles that help choose what is right and wrong to helps decide how to deal with situations.
when principles of ethical system appears to contradict each other and there is no clear answer.
Code of ethics
a guide of conduct for HCW
Euthanasia or Mercy Killing
Delibrate action to take someones life without pain.
informed Consent, Implied consent, Expressed Consent
- Informed- written
- Implied-Actions of opening mouth or stick out arm
Battary, assult and false imprisonment
- Battary- Placing hands on someone
- Assult- Threating someone but not actually touching
- False imprisonment- Keeping someone against there will
Someone who is unable to speak for themselves
Fraud, Defamation of character, Libel, and slander
- Fraud- Cheating or trickery
- Defamation of character- unathorized info result that can harm
- Libel- written
- Slander- Oral
Good Samaritan Law
Protects HCW from liability when they give care in an emergancy situation
Organism that nourishes itself at the expense of other living things and causes them damage.
Microorganism that commonly reside in a particular enviorment on or in the body
a disease that can be transmitted either directly or indirectly from one individual to another
Infection that occurs while the patient is receiving health care
- Center for Diease Control
- Goverment agency formulates saftey guidelines to help prevent and control the spread of infectious disease
Guidelines to determine which patients to send where and what treatment will be given during an emergency