purposes of surgery
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- determination of the presence and/or extent of the pathology
- removal or excision of diseased body part or organ
- i.e. colo "-stomy" (for 20yo paraplegic pt)
- reduces intensity of disease or symptoms but is not curative
- surgical examination to determine nature or extent of disease.
- restores function or appearance to traumatized tissue
replaces malfunctioning organ
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview