BIOLOGY Human Heredity 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the P generation in Mendel's experiment?
It was the parent generation. All of the pea plants were purebred.
What was the result of the F1 generation in Mendel's experiment?
- There were no recessive traits in the plants visible.
What was the result of the F2 generation in Mendel's experiment?
- Some of the recessive traits reappered.
What is a gene?
They contol the traits of an organism
What is an allele?
A member of a gene pair that determines a specific trait
What is a recessive trait?
The effects of this trait are masked if a dominant one is present
What is a dominant trait?
A trait that is always expressed when present
What does the term homozygous mean?
- A gene pair that has the exact same forms of the gene. (Purebred)
- Ex. BB
What does the term heterozygous mean?
- A gene pair that has different forms of the gene. (Hybrid)
- Ex. Bb
What does the Punnett Square for a cross between parents with Gg x Gg look like?
What are the phenotypes and what are the genotypes?
- Genotypes: 25% GG, 50% Gg, 25% gg
- Phenotypes: 75% green, 25% yellow
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview