The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Inhalants duration of effects.
5 minutes to 8 hours depending on the substance.
Inhalants method of administration
General indicators of inhalants are:
- Residue of substance around nose and mouth
- Odor of substance
- Possible nausea
- Slurred speech
- Bloodshot, watery eyes
- Lack of muscle control
- Flushed face
- Intense headaches
Inhalants will cause the following symptoms in the circulatory system.
- Pulse rate will be up
- Blood pressure may be up or down depending on the substance. Down with anesthetic gases and up with volatile solvents and aerosols
- Body tempature can present up/down or normal also depending on subject and substance used.
Inhalants overdose signs
Inhalants will reflect the following in the eyes.
Lack of convergence
Reaction to light
- HGN is present
- VGN will be present in high doses
- Lack of convergence will be present
- Pupil size will generally be normal, but may be dilated
- Will have a slowed reaction to light