The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where does Glycolysis occur?
Where does the Citric Acid Cycle occur?
How do anaerobes and aerotolernts generate energy?
What do Facultative anaerobes and ibligate aerobes use to generate energy?
What are the 3 ways ATP is formed?
- Oxidative Phosphoralation (Krebbs Cycle)
- Substrate level Phosphoralation
What is the tendency for a species to gain electrons?
What is the Pyruvate Decarboxylate Complex?
A process of converting pyruvate to acteyl-CoA by removing carbon
What is the Citric Acid Cycle?
Aerobic metabolism of carbs, lipids and proteins
What does amphibolic mean?
It is both catabolic and anabolic in nature
What are the 3 enzymes involved the the Krebbs cycle?
- Citrate synthase
- Isocitrate dehydrogenase
- alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
What is the Glyoxylate Cycle?
- Using two-carbon compounds for growth
- Used by Plants, some fungi, algae, protozoans, and bacteria
Where does the Glyoxylate Cycle occur?