The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
why do we use the hertzsprung russell diagram?
We use it because it organizes stars from luminosity(on y axis) and temperature and colour (on x axis)
how is it organized?
- *the dim stars are on the bottom
- *Bright stars on the top
- *hot stars on the side closest to y axis
- *cool stars on the other side
What are the 4 categories
- bright and hot (left,top corner)
- bright and cool(right,top corner)
- dim and hot(bottom,left corner)
- dim and cool( bottom right corner)