Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the types of o.infections associated with acquired neutropenia?
- Gram-negative bacteria
What are the types of o.infections associated with malnutrition?
- Measles in children
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in adults
What are the types of o.infections associated with leukemia?
High dose corticosteroid therapy.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia
- CMV infection,
- Mycobacterial infection
- Non-typhi Salmonella
Name 8 types of opportunistic infections seen in AIDS patients.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia which occurs in 50% of patients with full-blown AIDS
- Pyogenic bacterial infections
- Cryptococcus neoformans
- Typical and atypical mycobacteria
- Toxoplasma gondii
- Herpes simplex virus
- Histoplasma capsulatum
What are 3 neoplasms found in AIDS patients?
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
- Aggressive B-cell NHL
- SCC of the uterine cervix
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview