The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the symptoms/signs of SLE.
- Malar/discoid rash
- Photosensitivity- exposure to UV light causes a rash
- Oral ulcers (including nasopharyngeal ulcers)
- Serositis – pericarditis or pleuritis or evidence of a pericardial effusion
- Renal disorder – proteinuria > 0.5g/d or 3+ or cellular casts
- Neurologic disorder – seizures or psychosis
- Haematologic disorder - haemolytic anaemia or leukopenia or lymphopenia or thrombocytopenia
- Immunologic disorder – Anti-dsDNA, anti-Sm and/or anti-phospholipid
- Antinuclear antibodies - an abnormal titre of ANA
Name 5 drugs that can cause SLE.
What is rheumatoid factor?
- Rheumatoid factors are autoantibodies of the IgG,
- IgA or IgM class which react with the Fc portion of IgG
What are the medications for SLE? (name 4)