The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Noun: A person, place, thing, or idea.
Pronoun: A word that takes the place of a noun or group of words acting as a noun.
Antecedent: The noun for which the pronoun stands.
What are the four types of nouns?
Collective, Compound, Common, and Proper.
What is a demonstrative pronoun?
- A demonstrative pronoun points to a specific noun.
- Example: That movie, Those girls, These jeans.
What is an interrogative pronoun?
- A pronoun that starts a question.
What is an indefinite pronoun?
- A pronoun that refers to a noun without specifying which one.
- Both students
- Few artists
- Everything is ready.
What are the three different types of personal pronouns? Give examples of each, plural and singular.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person pronouns.
- 1st: I, me, my, mine (singular)
- 1st: We, us, our, ours (plural)
- 2nd:You, your, yours(singular and plural)
- 3rd: He, him, his, she, her, hers, it, it's (Singular)
- 3rd: They, them, their, theirs (plural)
What are the 8 parts of speech?
- 1. Nouns
- 2. Pronouns
- 3. Verbs
- 4. Adjectives
- 5. Adverbs
- 6. Prepositions
- 7. Conjunctions
- 8. Interjections
- Every senctence is made up of these parts of speech.