The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- To make milder or less severe
- (you never want spicy sausages so you make them milder and less spicy)
- Reverence for God OR religious obligations(Piety sounds like mighty, Might God)
- Inclined to silence, reserved in speech
- (When eating a tic TAC, you are not able to talk, you are silent)
- Not prudent, lacking descretion
- (im-being not and prudent...when put together:NOT PRUDENT)
- Characteristics of a tyrant
- (tryan is almost tyrant, and cal sounds like char(characteristics))
- Deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice
- (tric-pracTICE..almost alike)
Having an old-fashioned attractiveness or charm
- Wishing harm or evil to another or others
- (when a MALE breaks up with you, you wish harm or evil on him)
- A tendency to think favorably of something in particular
- (during the ELECTION, you think favorably of who you are going to vote for)
- Hazy, vague, indistinct, or confused(NEBERTHELOUS, i still cant remember what happened)
- To make timid, fill with fear
- Logical judgment, agreeable to reason
- To behave as if one is concious of descending(going down to) from a superior position
- To force or to drive
- (comPELL, sounds like pedal, put the PEDAL to the metal (driving))
Not legally permitted or authorized
A feeling of humilation or shame
- A temporary stay
- (soJOURNEY, you only stay a while when on a journey)
- Courteous and gracious
- (you need a CORD to light up the COURT)Cordial quality or feeling
- (CordiaLITY. the LITY in quaLITY)
- To set fourth or state in detail
- (exPOUND details out)
- Gross injustice or wickedness
- (Think of quitting smoking and how GROSS and WICKED it is to smoke)
- To persist in anything undertaken
- Tending to arguement
- (opposite or content- when not happy, you argue)
- An act or instance of condescending
- (when you condescend, you are SENDING or ACTING)
- Refractory or unruly
- (reFRACTory, almost like FRACTious)
- Having or showing pleasent, good-natured qualities
- (AM I ABLE to be pleasent?)
A criminal offense
- Promising success
- (when you take a good PIC, the success is promising)
- Lazy, indolent
- (slugs are slow, lazy, etc)
- Abuse of authority
- (when God makes it RANNY, he is abusing his authority:))
- With great care or concern
- (when pouring ginger, you have to do it carefully, as to not pour to much)
- (TRATE is like concenTRATE and when you concentrate, you are determined)
- (when there is a home-evasion, the robber ESCAPES with your personal belongings)
- At a distance, apart
- (the 2 O's in Aloof are like eyes, they are APART from each other)
- Suggesting an unhealthy mental state or attitude
- (when you are sick, you need MORE time in BED--MOREBED)
- Pleasently calm or peaceful
- (opposite of what you'd be if you PLACED ACID on your hand)
- Mental suffering, pain
- (SIGNS (like the NIGN) help let you know store hours)
- Goodwill, Charitableness
- (theres BEENOVIOLANCE at charities)
- A picture, description, etc. Ludicrously exaggerating the pecularites or defects of a persons things. (Cari Brennan always exaggerates on stories)
- probably meant to be hermaphrodite. Something that is a combination of diverse elements.
- Represented as side by side
- (the cc in aCCoseted are side by side)
Play on words, or relative.
- Something that incites, instigates, angers, imitates.
- (Someone might try to PROVocation that they are right because someone angered them)
- motivated or characterized by an extreme, uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.
- (FANATICal about religion or politics)
- demeanor; conduct; behavior.
- (when you break the law, you do to the DEpartMENT, like the jail)
- resisting control or restraint in a difficult manner; unruly.
- (when someone resists control you have to obSTRAPerous them down-strap them down)
not conspicuous, noticeable, or prominent.
- the elements or first principles of a subject.
- (the elements, or rud-CONDIMENTS of a hot dog is ketchup and mustard)
- a stately and magnificent tomb.
- (the thing matt MAUS will be in when he dies)
- zealous; ardent; passionately;powerfully(you become this way, zealous and ardent, when you are going to VEHNT)
uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
a man of good family, breeding, or social position.
any act regarded as such a transgression, esp. a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle.
having an advanced or humane culture, society, etc.
- past the prime of one's life.Behind the times, outmoded
- (pass, like pass the prime)
free from commotion or tumult; peaceful; quiet; calm
- any prohibitory act or decree of a court or an administrative officer.
- to lie or keep in hiding, as for some evil reason
- (like a skull, hidden)
- burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical
- (UNimpressive, UNjustly)
- to move with a sinuous or wavelike motion; display a smooth rising-and-falling or side-to-side alternation of movement
- (the u in UndUlate has the rising and falling action)
- disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish
- (you want to blow up, or TANK (canTANKEROUS) someone who makes you mad)
- to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of
- (ANTOGONized, ANTOGONist)
Tirade ( a tirade against smoking.)
a prolonged outburst of bitter, outspoken denunciation
- of or pertaining to apoplexy.
- having a discolored, bluish appearance caused by a bruise, congestion of blood vessels, strangulation, etc.
- (OMG YOUR SKINS aLIVe)
- offense; annoyance; displeasure
- (when you brag, people will experience annoyance and offense)