Chapter 5, Section 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
essays supporting the Constitution
official changes to the Constitution
Who lead the Antifederalists?(4)
- -George Mason
- -Richard Henry Lee
- -Patrick Henry
- -Samuel Adams
opposed ratification of the Constitution
What were the Antifederalists opinions and beliefs?(4)
- -felt too much power was taken from states and given to national government
- -wanted Constitution to have a section to gurantee individual rights
- -feared a strong executive branch would lead to tyranny
- -wanted legislative branch to be stronger than executive and judicial branches
supported ratification of the constitution
Who led the Federalists?(5)
- -James Madison
- -George Washington
- -Benjamin Franklin
- -Alexander Hamilton
- -John Jay
Who wrote the Federalist Papers?(3)
- *published anonymously under name Publius
What were the reasons why the Federalists supprted the Constitution and what powers did the Nat'l gov't gain?
-felt Const. strengthened national government by gaining power from states
- -could regulate trade
- -could impose taxes
- -had a leader
- -had court system
- -had military
Why did federalists want ratification of the Const. to be unanimous?
to show national unity and gain cooperation
defines and protects rights of people against the power of government
Bill of Rights
Who wrote the Bill of Rights?
When was the Bill of Rights finally ratified by all 13 states?
December 1791 (2 years after writing of B of R)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview