religion chapter intro vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- firm attitudes
- stable disposisitions
- habitual perfections of intellect and will that govern our actions
- order our passions
- and guide our our conduct according to reason and faith.
- three important virtues bestowed on us at baptism which relate us to God:
- faith (belief in and personal knowledge of God)
- hope (trust in God's salcation and his bestowal of the graces needed to attain it)
- charity (love of God and love of neighbor)
- the relationship between God and humans that results in a body of beliefs and a set of practices:
- Religion expresses itself in worship and service to God and by extension to all people and all creation
a worldwide, official assembly of the bishops under the direction of the pope. There have been twenty-one ecumenical councils, the most recent being the Second Vatican Council.
a "Holy One" of God who lives in unison with God through the grace of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit and whom God rewards with eternal life in Heaven.
The official teaching authority of the church. The Lord bestowed the right and power to teach in his name on Peter and the apostles and their successors. The Magisterium is the bishops in communion with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome, the Pope.
Catechism of the Catholic Church
a compendium of Catholic doctrine on faith and morals published in 1992 that serves Catholics as "a sure norm for teaching the faith" and "an authentic reference text."
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview