The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Northern White Cedar
evergreen tree with fan like branches and scaly leaves, small tree, grows in wet forestsused for craft, construction and medicine
- leaves are decidious & fan shaped with
- an apical sinus, ovule enclosed in fleshy
- capsule that smells, it is dioecious.
Table Mtn Pine
rounded, irregular shape. needles are in bundles of two, occasionally three. cones are ovoid, pale pinkish to yellowish buff, each scale bears a stout, sharp spine, prefers dry conditions
edible pinyon nuts, The fragrance of the wood, especially when burned, is unmistakable, grows in the southwestern United States and in Mexico
Erect cone, disintegrates when ripe, Soft, blunt, single needles. Directly attached to twig. Two-ranked off the twig
- 4 sided needles, sharp pointed needles
- pendant cones, rough twig surface
- cones are smallest of all the spruces,
- straight trunk with little taper, narrow, pointed crown of short, compact, drooping branches with upturned tips, grows near timberline and adirondack mtns.
large evergreen tree, the cones are pendulous with thin, flexible scales. leaves are needle like, bark is thin and scaly, flaking off in small circular plates