Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
1. Match the columns: 1) Neutrons 2) Protons 3) Electrons A) Particles that have a negative charge B) Particles that have no charge (neutral) C) Particles that have a positive charge A. 1-C, 2-B, 3-A B. 1-A, 2-C, 3-B C. 1-B, 2-C, 3-A D. 1-B, 2-A, 3-C
C. 1-B, 2-C, 3-A
2. Which of the following regarding electricity is untrue? A. Opposite charges react to each other with a force that causes them to be attracted to each other. B. Like charges react to each other with a force that causes them to repel each other. C. In the case of opposite and like charges, the force increases as the charges move closer to each other. D. None of the above.
D. None of the above.
3. Match the following to their respective units of measurement: 1) Voltage 2) Current 3) Resistance A) Ohm B) Ampere C) Volt A. 1-C, 2-B, 3-A B. 1-B, 2-C, 3-A C. 1-A, 2-C, 3-B D. 1-C, 2-B, 3-A
D. 1-C, 2-B, 3-A
4. Electrons flow in > loops called >. A. Open; voltage B. Closed; voltage C. Open; circuits D. Closed, circuits
D. Closed, circuits
5. What is the maximum cable length for STP? A. 100 feet B. 150 feet C. 100 meters D. 1000 meters
C. 100 meters
6. How many pairs of wires make up a UTP cable? A. 2 B. 4 C. 6 D. 8
7. Which connector does UTP use? A. STP B. BNC C. RJ-45 D. RJ-69
8. What is an advantage that coaxial cable has over STP or UTP? A. It is capable of achieving 10 Mbps to 100 Mbps. B. It is inexpensive. C. It can run for a longer distance unboosted. D. None of the above.
C. It can run for a longer distance unboosted.
9. What does the twisting of the wires do in a twisted-pair cable? A. It makes it thinner. B. It makes it less expensive. C. It reduces noise problems. D. It allows six pairs to fit in the space of four pairs.
C. It reduces noise problems.
10. What is the importance of the EIA/TIA standards? Select all that apply. A. They provide a framework for the implementation of the OSI reference model. B. They provide guidelines for manufacturers to follow to ensure compatibility. C. They provide the minimum media requirements for multiproduct and multi-vendor environment. D. None of the above.
B. They provide guidelines for manufacturers to follow to ensure compatibility. C. They provide the minimum media requirements for multiproduct and multi- vendor environment.
11. A fiber-optic cable transmits multiple streams of LED-generated light. A. Multimode B. Multichannel C. Multiphase D. None of the above
12. What is one advantage of using fiber-optic cable in networks? A. It is inexpensive. B. It is easy to install. C. It is an industry standard and is available at any electronics store. D. It is capable of higher data rates than either coaxial or twisted-pair cable.
D. It is capable of higher data rates than either coaxial or twisted-pair cable.
13. Which fiber-optic cable type is typically used for outside installations? A. Tight-buffered B. Tight-tube C. Loose-buffered D. Loose-tube
14. What is the light source typically used in single mode fiber optics? A. Photo transistor B. Laser C. Photo resistor D. LED
15. Which term describes the angle at which a ray hits a glass surface? A. Angle of reflection B. Angle of refraction C. Angle of incidence D. Angle of attack
C. Angle of incidence
16. Modulation is a process of changing amplitude, frequency, or phase. Which acronym does not represent a type of modulation? A. AM B. FM C. PM D. RM
17. Which range does not correctly identify an unlicensed wireless frequency? A. 2.4 GHz B. 5 GHz C. 9 GHz D. 900 MHz
C. 9 GHz
18. Which statement does not describe a benefit of spread spectrum? A. Spread-spectrum transmissions are transmitted at high speeds. B. Spread spectrum is less susceptible to radio noise. C. Spread spectrum has a higher probability of correct reception. D. Spread spectrum creates little interference.
A. Spread-spectrum transmissions are transmitted at high speeds.
19. Which statement does not describe the features of direct-sequence spread spectrum (DSSS)? A. DSSS is reliable because each bit is represented by a string of 1s and 0s. B. If up to 40 percent of the string is lost, the original transmission can be reconstructed. C. DSSS technology has low throughput of data and short-range access. D. The recently released evolution of the IEEE standard, 802.11b, provides for a full Ethernet-like data rate of 11 Mbps over DSSS.
C. DSSS technology has low throughput of data and short-range access.
20. Which of the following is not a feature of wired equivalent privacy (WEP)? A. WEP uses the RC4 stream cipher for encryption. B. WEP is a security mechanism defined within in the 802.3 standards. C. One of the goals of WEP is to deny access to the network by unauthorized users who do not possess the appropriate WEP key. D. None of the above.
C. WEP is a security mechanism defined within in the 802.3 standards.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview