PBD 4 Depression
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
For depression you must have _ symtoms for _ weeks
You can not have drug depression, reactive depression, illness, _____ or Hallucinations, or _____ ____.
Risk factors for unipolar
- 5-20% incidence in women (most likely)
- greater risk with family
Risk factors bipolar
- 1.5% world wide
- 10% schizo
- 80% mono
- Same male:female
Atypical are ____ and _____
Melancholic are ____ and _____
- Hypersomnia, overeating
- Insomnia, anorexia
Bipolar contains depression and ___
Monoamine def. theory
- most Anti-dep increase 5HT and NE level
- evidence less 5HT turnover in suicide
- tryptophan can improve depression
Suicide victims with major depression have increased
- 5HT1A somatodendritic autorecepts
- 5HT2 postsynaptic receptors
defect in Substance P or neurokinin 1 receptors
Neuroendocrine factors such as hyptothalamic-pituitary-adrenal-axis and hyptothalamic-pit-thryoid axis are what?
- a) exhibit cortisol hypersecretion
- b) hypothyroidism, T3 or TRH improve sumptoms
In major depression peopel sleep less in _____ and more in ____
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview